Thursday, March 26, 2015

So, after reading the packet and taking notes, I realized some things...

3) -Syntax is more for the reader and less for the story. Syntax deals with the pace of the story, people confuse it with diction, but diction is more about word choice.
-Narrator VS Author: Even though the author knows the story (obviously because they wrote the story), the narrator in most cases doesn't. We are experiencing the story with the narrator and unraveling and going through the journey with the narrator.
-Analyzing texts: Doing that is never simple, you as the reader have to have an idea, but you also need proof from the text to back your point up and deconstruct what the author/character is trying to say.
2) -I would like like to learn a lot more about syntax, I learned a little bit about it and I still need a little bit more help telling the difference between diction vs syntax.
-I'm also a little confused on how you could tell which words are classified as High, Neutral, and Low levels of diction.
1) -I think I can teach how to read analytically! I've been doing that the past three years in my English and Theatre classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment